Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What to eliminate first?

Default What to eliminate first?

I have concluded that my 5 month old son is sensitive to something in my diet. The signs are his extreme out of the blue freak outs and fussiness, watery mucousy smelly poop, extreme gas, congestion, crappy sleep and eczema virtually everywhere. All of these he has had since birth with breaks every now and then. He is gaining weight just fine I should add. I know peanuts are out since he breaks out with eczema real bad when I eat them and I eliminated dairy 100% for three weeks a couple months ago with no improvement. I have not kept a food journal but maybe I need to? Daycare says that every so often he will refuse a bottle after taking a few sips so we will try to correlate those times with what I eat.

After months of contemplation I want to resolve his issues no matter what I have to change. I just don't know where to start. How long does it take some of the other common allergies (eggs, corn, gluten) to be out of my milk? How do I choose which one to eliminate? Are some of his symptoms more common with certain foods? Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

Default Re: What to eliminate first?

Hi! I just responded to your thread in the allergy forum.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Oh thanks! I thought no one looked there. Sorry...

No big deal.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous