Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to handle critisizm after yr

Default Re: how to handle critisizm after yr

Paytek, I love that you are brutally honest. I find your response hilarious, just trying not to offend but apparently I'm being waay too nice. I hear you about coworkers, that's another reason I love all the moral support in this community. You ladies, rock!!! Great links, thanks everyone for that. I'll be sure to print some good highlighted info, copy & paste in large print the important parts on how much better breastmilk is for baby. I know what you mean, filmmommy. Why would anyone think cow's milk is better for a human baby? It even sounds ridiculous. It makes me really mad when anyone tries to give baby sugar, so of course it's happened behind my back there, too. Unacceptable! Mumtothomas the boundaries issue is concerning me, also. Joshuasmommy no I'm not going to let her talk me into weaning, I just wasn't sure how to approach the topic, I want it to be clear the topic is not up for discussion. Great links thank you for sharing that everyone. Mimibrookly, thanks for the moral support I'll try to not let it bother me. Who knows, maybe DH will step in, but he seems to not be concerned which frustrates me, but that's another thread. lol. So I'll just make it not a big deal. We will continue to do our thing beyond a year, and I'm so proud of us for that.

I like this for grandparents. It's general, but touches on nursing past one. http://www.llli.org/docs/00000000000...sbreastfed.pdf

It's hard to not be defensive, but really you have ALL the facts and science on your side. I have had some success with simply acting mildly surprised when people suggest it's important for my kid to wean/drink milk/eat solids etc. by some certain specific time. They are simply wrong, but they don't know they are wrong. You have the facts and they don't, so education is a good idea, if the person is open to it, but it may be important to go gently. For some people, it's kind of like taking a person of some ancient times and explaning the earth is not flat- Sorry-not sure I am making sense...

It's funny, too, that if you started telling your MIL your opinion on ANYTHING she does (cleaning, eating, cooking), she'd probably be mad at you and think you have some nerve! For some reason, no matter how old we are, what we've done, everyone seems to feel they know how to raise your children, even those who've never had children! Just come on here and vent and we'll all commiserate so you know you're not alone.
    Mom to my sweet little "Pooper," born 10/12/11, and "Baby Brother," born 6/23/2014, and married to heavy metal husband. Working more than full-time, making healthy vegetarian meals for family, and trying to keep up with exercise routine.

lllmeg that's exactly what it feels like sometimes!! filmmommy, isn't that the truth, too?! I really, truly appreciate all of the support from everyone here. Thanks, mama's!

My MIL has passed away so I'm not going to deal with this specific problem, but when my step-son was younger I had MIL issues dealing with parenting. My husband talked to her and it helped, and i laid down the law once too. She tried one more time to tell me what to do, and I refused to see her at Christmas that year. I just stayed home and sent DH. She never harassed me again and even apologized. I think sometimes the line just has to be drawn. Good luck!