Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Tell me this is just a phase!

Default Tell me this is just a phase!

DD just turned 11 months and all of a sudden dropped half her feedings. She's had a bad cold making it hard to breathe and eat and I'm sure she's getting more teeth so that may be contributing. I don't really enjoy nursing her but at the same time I'm not ready for her to wean either. Ofcourse anytime I mention that I'm frustrated with her eating habits I get the whole well she is almost a year you should just... Start cows milk, let her wean, etc. I'm SO tired of hearing this!!! Especially from DH! Tell me something reassuring please!!
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14

Default Re: Tell me this is just a phase!

Bet she'll pick up again once her cold is gone and she can breathe easily again.

I totally understand how you can be both frustrated with your baby's nursing and unwilling to stop. I often loathe the way my 2.5 year-old nurses, but I don't want to wean her- nursing is still my most valuable mothering tool, and I don't want to give that up!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

As Mommal said she should pick up once the old is gone an she can breathe again. My husband is kind of the same way other than hes pushing formula. It can be hard when your frustrated with how your darling child is feeding and your DH is not fully supportive. My DH brought up how he feels our son will SSTN if I formula feed like his sister son does who is 4 months younger than our son. I told him I might not enjoy every night feeding there are times when I am cranky and complain but I need him to just hear me out when I complain. That his trying to push formula only up sets me more and I will no matter what him or anyone eles feels will breast feed until my son and I feel the time is up and not a second sooner. I think the light went off because today when our son was being a pain and I said something he just listened I was happy with that.

Thanks ladies! Her nose is better so she's not flat out refusing to nurse now but she's not nursing for very long!! Ug I really wish this was easier.
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14

Give her time. And if she really doesn't pick up her nursing, maybe take her in to the doc and have someone check her ears? It's pretty common for a bacterial ear infection to crop up secondary to a viral cold.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"