Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby sweating while nursing?

Question Baby sweating while nursing?

My baby sweats a lot when she nurses, particularly from her head under her hair. Not everytime, but often. Is this normal? Is she having to do too much work to get at the milk?

Default Re: Baby sweating while nursing?

My dd9months does this as well. We are in close bodily contact with our babies when we nurse and that body heat makes the baby sweat. I would not worry about it.

I think it's normal. My little guy is a major head sweater too. Here's another similiar post about sweating while nursing...

http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...light=sweating

HTH! Reesa

I was wondering the same thing, too! The first time it happened, DD was 2 or 3 weeks old and I attributed it to my MIL's house being 90 degrees. But then it started to happen more. She's almost 12 weeks, and it doesn't happen as much. I guess sometimes they work a little harder while eating.

I think it has to do with skin-to-skin contact...when I nurse Ruby, her head is resting in the crook of my arm, and I notice her head/neck sweats more if I am wearing something sleeveless. With sleeves, there's no skin-to-skin, and she sweats less. I wouldn't worry about it unless your baby seems feverish or uncomfortable.

Yup, totally normal. My little guy used to sweat up a storm when he was younger. Still does now if it's warm out.