Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Lump at base of breast

Default Lump at base of breast

Hi Mammas! I have been EBF my DS for almost 8 weeks now. I have a bit of oversupply an OALD but we are feeding through it and he is gaining great! A few days ago, I noticed a small lump at the base of my breast near my armpit. It is not painful at all and milk flow seems to be fine through that breast. Could it be a clogged duct/gland? Should I be concerned and call the doc?
    Keegan: February 27, 2011
    6 lbs, 14 oz & 19 inches long

Brennan: November 18, 2012
    7lbs, 4oz & 20 inches long

Default Re: Lump at base of breast

Sounds like a plugged duct. I wouldn't be concerned unless it becomes red or inflamed or if you start feeling achy, flu-like, running a temp. That could indicate mastitis.

Lots of good info here about those topics as well as some tips for how to deal with it.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: Lump at base of breast

Probably just a plugged duct. Don't worry unless you see those symptoms Still.here mentioned. If you do, call the doc.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"