Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donating Milk?

Default Re: Donating Milk?

Well I just did a milk count and came up with 656 ounces and space running low in our new freezer outside, so I posted on the HM4HBVA facebook site to try and donate 300 ounces. Hopefully I'll find someone with a similar age baby who legitamately needs it. After a week back at work I'm producing between 10-15 more ounces then shes taking so far.
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

Good luck! FWIW, I just became a donor through the Wake Med milk bank (it's HMBANA); I live a few hours from Raleigh but so far have found the process very easy. They've been great to work with. I'm awaiting my first cooler from them, and will ship my frozen milk to them (overnight) at no charge to me. Even though you're in VA, it might be worth looking into.

http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

Donated 432 ounces to a family with a special needs little boy who is unable to nurse due to his condition. It felt really good to see my milk going to such a good cause. We've set up an ongoing donation and she'll pick up my milk every 2-3 weeks or about 150-200 ounces. So happy to have found them and they're only 45 minutes away!
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

That's wonderful!

Wow! 400 oz. I am soooo jealous of you. GREAT JOB. I'm not positve on this, but I think you only need 100 oz at a time to donate to the milk bank. You could donate some and save the rest for when you go back to work.