Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need some nighttime help

Default Need some nighttime help

Hi ladies. I need some nighttime help. Chloe is almost 7wks now and had been doing great a night. Usually down at 9 and then up at 1230,330,530. For the past week she has been up to nurse every hour once we go to bed. I know that Chloe certainly will be up in the night to eat and that is fine but I need to know if there is anyway to get her to sleep longer and space her feedings some. I am a walking zombie and I have a 2 year old to take care of as well, so I can't nap when Chloe naps. Any tips?

Default Re: Need some nighttime help

Sounds like you're one tired mommy! It's not unusual for babies to want to nurse more during the night when they're experiencing a growth spurt. That can definitely happen around Chloe's age. My babies also nurse much more frequently at night when they're sick or trying to ward off something like a cold. Does that help?

Yes, sounds an awful lot like a growth spurt! If that's the case, it'll get better in a few days.

Lisa

I agree with the pp...sounds like a growth spurt. Please let me know when you come up with a solution to having your baby sleep longer . My ds is 7 months old and has always woken up every 2-3 hours to eat. Yes, there have been a few nights where he has slept more, but it doesn't happen often. Do you co-sleep? I usually sleep while he nurses, so we both benefit! You are doing a wonderful job mommy .
    Mommy to three amazing little ones...Noah {4/12/06}, Leah {3/21/08}, and Isaac {6/18/10}. Loving every moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Angie5892 View Post
    I agree with the pp...sounds like a growth spurt. Please let me know when you come up with a solution to having your baby sleep longer . My ds is 7 months old and has always woken up every 2-3 hours to eat. Yes, there have been a few nights where he has slept more, but it doesn't happen often. Do you co-sleep? I usually sleep while he nurses, so we both benefit! You are doing a wonderful job mommy .
    2-3 hours would be great! LOL We do cosleep and I sometimes nurse laying down but it is a bit awkward still for me. Maybe it is a growth spurt, but during the day she eats like she normally always does?

I'm at 3 weeks and it was, nurse for 3 hours and sleep for one... ect. last night. I hear you on the tired thing.