Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: really frustrated and dont want to give up

Default Re: really frustrated and dont want to give up

His poop after 4 days today was peanut buttery and seedy
    that is the textbook description of a breastfed babies poop that came after several days of no pooping. When I say a consitpated babies poops are usually dry, i mean DRY. hard pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lllmeg View Post

that is the textbook description of a breastfed babies poop that came after several days of no pooping. When I say a consitpated babies poops are usually dry, i mean DRY. hard pellets.
    Hard enough to roll right off the diaper if you pick it up. We're talking rabbit poop.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lllmeg View Post

Agreed. One of mine would go days without pooping, but as long as it's still soft and seedy, it's normal, not constipated. They seem so uncomfortable, and as if they're really struggling to get it out, but it's not a constipation issue unless the poop itself is dry and hard. Formula will only complicate the issue, though, and prune juice, especially with a baby that young, is EXTREMELY outdated advice from a doctor.
    DSD (15), DSS (12), DS1 (10), DD1 (8), DS2 (2), and a new little bean on the way in May 2013.