Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: baby-led weaning snafu

Default Re: baby-led weaning snafu

I am not sure what was being discussed about salt but babies under a year should NOT be fed foods with salt in them let alone anything high in sodium. Their livers can't process salt until after the year point so food like Bacon and pickles should be completely avoided. Only whole natural foods should be few to infants while they are learning to eat.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    I am not sure what was being discussed about salt but babies under a year should NOT be fed foods with salt in them let alone anything high in sodium. Their livers can't process salt until after the year point so food like Bacon and pickles should be completely avoided. Only whole natural foods should be few to infants while they are learning to eat.
    Thanks for this info. It makes me wonder about cheese. I have read that cheese is fine for babies under a year (not as a first food but for a 9 or 10 month old?) but even mild cheese can be pretty salty.

THe only cheese I gave DJ before his 1st B-day was mozzerella Skim string cheese. And not until between the 11th and 12th month. Mostly I stayed away from dairy. Because everything good that he could get from dairy he was getting from me by continuing to nurse.

Way too lazy for formula

At this age I wouldn't worry about offering her solids every day. If she wants to sleep with she gets home from DC, then let her sleep. If she only gets to play with solids on the weekends and a random day or two a week, that is fine. It is just playing/learning at this point.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

she is still really young...both of my kids didn't really take to eating until they were closer to 8 months.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby