Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What do you call it?

Default What do you call it?

Not sure where exactly to post this thread, so this seems like as good a place as any! I'm wondering what other moms refer to nursing as, to their babies? My DD is only 3.5 months, but I want to start calling it something consistently, as in 'do you want <insert term here>?' when offering the breast. When we were kids, we called it 'na-nans', but I'm not sure I really like that. I just thought it'd be interesting to hear what others have come up with!

TIA!

Default Re: What do you call it?

num nums. But she called them so many things! Nummies, num nums, breast, milk, good (because her daddy told her nursing was good), other side, my niece says mommy milk. But she mostly says nummies now (even though she's weaned she talks to her "num friends")
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Pupple. DD1's invention.

Whatever you choose, just make sure you won't be embarrassed when your child starts screaming it at the top of her lungs in public.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Yeah, that's my thought...I don't want to have my toddler one day yelling something like 'boob milk', lol!

And mommal, knowing that makes your tag-line so much cuter..."I love dat on-two pupples"

We call it neenee, because when my first daughter started trying to say "nurse," that's what came out! But she also used to call it "side." I think that one's pretty common because we all ask, "Do you want the other side?"

My friend liked "neenee" so much that she started calling it that for her son, too

My daughter has said nums and nummies in front of so many people and they haven't ever guessed. Once she told a man at JCPenney that she went to the zoo and saw the zebras getting their nummies and she said she was going to go home and get nummies on the couch. He then embarrassed me so badly by saying "oh I want some nummies too!" but obviously he didn't know what she meant.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    My daughter has said nums and nummies in front of so many people and they haven't ever guessed. Once she told a man at JCPenney that she went to the zoo and saw the zebras getting their nummies and she said she was going to go home and get nummies on the couch. He then embarrassed me so badly by saying "oh I want some nummies too!" but obviously he didn't know what she meant.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

LO is 6 months and 3 weeks old but we started calling it nummies and mamas milk. My mom has called it mamas milk since day 1, she loves it. My husband feels lost, he calls it boobie, which I'm not so keen on. She will make the final call, but I like nummies. This is a fun thread.
    First time mommy

I think I'm doing really well. Babies are amazing little creatures and every moment with her is a gift to me.

I'm not political but don't mess with my baby or her meal!

EBF <3 5 months old now
    Co-sharing sleep <3
    BLS when she gives us a thumbs up
    NIP, and she'll wean when she's ready

My daughter is almost 10 months and I'm afraid its likely she will be calling it "boob milk" as that is what I often say, though I do also ask her if she wants to"nurse" often as well. She is a really funny baby, so I am hoping she will come up with something else entirely!