Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 10 week old nursing for 3 hours straight!!

Exclamation 10 week old nursing for 3 hours straight!!

Lo is 10 weeks old. I posted a few days ago about wondering if my cold could tank my supply. Well she had done nothing but nurse for the last 3 hours. Every time I take her off she starts rooting again. I have noticed that
    My boobs are not feeling as full as normal and I have been feeling strangely empty. She is nursing 8-10 times s day with 2 three hour naps during the day. She has been
    Having 4-5 really wet diapers a day and explosive poop every other day. Coud the cold that I had tankedy supply completely ? How do I get my once over abundant supply back?
    Wife to Jon - 1/07/2012
    Mum to Emmaline Grace- 10/4/12 7 ibs. 13 oz.

Default Re: 10 week old nursing for 3 hours straight!!

It's possible that your supply dipped when you had your cold - but if it did, you'll get it back if you just let LO keep doing what she's doing!

I got sick once when my LO was young, and supply decreased a bit. If that is what happened to you, then your LO is doing what she needs to get her supply back, and it sounds like she is getting enough to eat. I wouldn't worry too much as long as she seems happy. You can't rule out a growth spurt either, my first son would eat like my milk was all gone when it was time for a growth spurt. Just keep nursing and as long as baby is happy and giving you all the signs she is full, satisfied, and getting enough things should return to normal shortly!

11/22/2006 - My Pro Athlete - Son

11/13/2008 - Mommy's Superhero - Son

03/15/2012 - What I didn't know I was missing, my baby girl

I'm only posting this because I just came across this on the web.
    Not sure if you took or are taking any OTC colds meds but they can tank your supply.