Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby rejecting bottle

Default Baby rejecting bottle

DD2 is almost 8 weeks old and starting to reject the bottle. The bottle was introduced around 4 weeks, and one a day with an occasional miss. She was taking it fine until now. I have tried several different types but can't afford anymore. I even tried Latex. I want her to take 1 bottle a day so in case I ever need to be away. Well, now it looks like I may have to go back to work and I am scared if she wont take one. Help?
    Amanda

Wife to Steven 29 Oct 07
    DD1: Zoey 28 Oct 2009
    (Self weaned at 2 years)

DD2: Hayley 18 Oct 2012
    (My latest nursling)

Default Re: Baby rejecting bottle

Who is giving the bottle? A lot of breastfed babies won't take one from mom, or even when mom is in the house. They know mom has the real thing, and they won't settle for second best!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Baby rejecting bottle

Well, both me and DH. I was adamant that only DH give it to her, because if I did and she only took it from me, then what's the point right? When we first started she would only take from me not DH. She actually seems to take it better from me. When I went to my 6 weeks postpartum check up, DH said she took maybe .5oz. Basically she ate just enough until I got back.
    Amanda

Wife to Steven 29 Oct 07
    DD1: Zoey 28 Oct 2009
    (Self weaned at 2 years)

DD2: Hayley 18 Oct 2012
    (My latest nursling)