Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby Led Solids, poop question

Default Baby Led Solids, poop question

We recently started giving our 7 month old some solids to try. She really just gums them, and hasn't really eaten any until last night. We gave her avocado for the second time and she actually ate a good bit of it. This morning there were chunks of it in her poop. Obviously, she was unable to digest it. Does that mean her tummy isn't ready to handle solids yet? Should I wait a bit longer?

Default Re: Baby Led Solids, poop question

I wouldn't worry about it unless she seems to be in discomfort. Some things tend to pass right through without appearing to change much. Wait until she tries raisins!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*still.here View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it unless she seems to be in discomfort. Some things tend to pass right through without appearing to change much. Wait until she tries raisins!
    or corn...

Ahaha! I read that corn, carrots, and peas were harder to digest. Oh, and peanuts. I figured avocado would be pretty easy though. She doesn't seem uncomfortable, and I guess since it's coming out it's fine.

Thanks!

Just give it some time. She's probably not digesting it all that well yet, but if it's not causing her distress, it's not a problem. It's all about the experimentation at this age, remember!

Remember that a lot of the digestion process happens in the mouth. Food gets mechanically processed by the teeth or gums, and gets added digestive enzymes from saliva. Until your baby becomes a proficient chewer, you can expect a lot of her food to come out looking more or less just like it went in. Except for the raisins, which will turn back into grapes. True story.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"