Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When did you stop pumping?

Question When did you stop pumping?

I've BF my DD for one year and 9 days now . I nurse her in the morning and in the evenings, and often during the night (we cosleep). I just pump once a day at work, since I'm a teacher and can't take little breaks all day.

I get 4-6oz per that one session. It's enough for the sitter to give her the next day.

At what point or age did you working mommas stop pumping, but continued nursing when w/your LO? Thanks!
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

Default Re: When did you stop pumping?

Most moms stop pumping at a year with no problems. At that point your supply is well-regulated so its there when you need it. I stopped pumping right around 13 mos when my daughter started refusing bottles of breast milk at day care.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

DS was just shy of 15 months when I stopped pumping at work. I had a huge freezer stash, which we are almost done using (6 months later!). DS still nurses whenever he's with me, and he nurses a lot.
    Mom to a spirited DS1, born 2/21/2011, and DS2, born 7/3/2014.

Hm, I have zero freezer stash. Well, like 3 storage bags, that's it.
    ---Josie

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

BF for 22 mo.

I didn't have a frozen stash at all.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Did you just leave whole milk for LO to drink?
    ---Josie

BF for 22 mo.

Her day care provided milk, but she wouldn't drink it. She had water and ate solids (she was already pretty big on solids) and then when we were together she still nursed quite a bit so I wasn't worried about her not getting enough.

As long as you are still nursing 3-5 times in a 24 hour period you don't necessarily have to replace the breast milk with anything.
    --Anonymous

Oh, good call. I remember YDS hated and hates cow's milk. I nursed him till he was 2 and he never drank cow's milk!

Yeah, she's nursing 3-5x. Or 5-7x. Chunky-muffin!
    ---Josie

BF for 22 mo.

My daughter still doesn't like it.
    --Anonymous

That's because it is gross.
    ---Josie

BF for 22 mo.