Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping for Monday

Default Pumping for Monday

Because of a new job I was fortunate to have a second stretch of maternity leave after I resigned from my old job. I have been EBF but pumping once a day to continue building freezer stash.

I start the new job Monday and would prefer not to have the entire days supply come from frozen milk, the oldest of which is from late October. So I'm both nursing and pumping (a little here and there) today (friday), Sat and Sun. Does the forum agree I can store all 3 days of milk in the back of the fridge? I know the guidelines I just want some human input as I rejoin the workforce - again Thanks.

PS my frozen milk was transported to our new city from old freezer on dry ice right into new freezer. Never thawed at all. The bags - Lanisoh milk storage bags - smell a bit like freezer. Anything to worry about?
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

Default Re: Pumping for Monday

Yep, fresh milk is good for about 8 days in the fridge.

I wouldn't worry too much about the freezer smell. If it *is* anything to worry about your baby will let you know.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*still.here View Post
    Yep, fresh milk is good for about 8 days in the fridge.

I wouldn't worry too much about the freezer smell. If it *is* anything to worry about your baby will let you know.
    Thank you!
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*debbers View Post
    Does the forum agree I can store all 3 days of milk in the back of the fridge? I know the guidelines I just want some human input as I rejoin the workforce - again Thanks.
    I routinely leave my pumped milk from Friday over the weekend for use on Monday.

Also would not worry about the freezer smell.
    Good luck with the new job!