Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: fussiness causing pain and dont know what to do

Default fussiness causing pain and dont know what to do

My LO is 10 weeks old and she is really fussy at almost every feeding. It uses ti only be in the evening but not anymore. She throws her head around and flails her arms and kicks up with her legs. This is causing me extreme nipple pain and i do not know what to do. What is causing her to do this? Everything was going smoothly because we had finally fixed her latch. Please help me because im at my end with this nipple pain i dont know how much more i can take.

Default Re: fussiness causing pain and dont know what to do

does changing the positioning help? this sounds as if baby is uncomfortable. Does baby ever pop off or stay latched. Could milk flow be too fast? Too slow (less likely but-maybe an issue esp.if baby gets/got any bottles?)

Default Re: fussiness causing pain and dont know what to do

Are there any other signs of thrush? The way it was explained to me was that if the inside of baby's mouth is itchy, it can cause them to pop off and be fussy. There's apparently lots of other reasons for fussiness at the breast too though - this page has a good breakdown http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/chil...while-nursing/