Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this still thrush?

Default Is this still thrush?

So we have been battling thrush since 2 weeks. It started that I noticed my left nipple itching a little and then I saw little white spots inside my LO mouth. He is 5 months old and we haven’t been taking any antibiotics but we still got it. After researching a lot I decided to do GSE, swabbing his mouth and my nipple. On top of this I bought infant probiotic and I’m taking probiotic as well.
    So after about 2 and half weeks LO mouth is clean, no white spots and my itching stopped. We are still continuing treatment. So yesterday my right breast started hurting me but only when I touch it doesn’t hurt when he eats. Not the whole breast just on the inside and today when I got up I have red patches on my breast.
    Could that be still thrush?
    Last edited by @llli*jonathansmom; November 29th, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

Default Re: Is this still thrush?

Do you mean like a red rash on your breast or is it red like it's inflamed? Can you describe the pain? Is it like a bruised ache or a burning itching kind of pain?

Usually thrush does not show up on the skin of the breast, it's just the nipple and it tends to hurt when you are nursing or your nipple gets wet from leaking or showering or whatever. At least that was my experience.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Pretty much looks like bruised. Just on the left side of my right breast. Very light red color and when i touch hurts like a bruise. No itching

That sounds like a plugged duct. Not too big of a deal, but keep an eye on it. If it goes on too long it could lead to mastitis. Here's some info on plugged ducts and mastitis with some great tips on how to work the plugs out.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous