Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: tingling legs while nursing???

Default tingling legs while nursing???

I get a tingling sensation down my leg to my toes every time LO is sucking. It tingles on whichever side LO is nursing from, like the feeling you get when your foot falls asleep but it keeps happening over and over. I've tried different positions but it still happens. It's only when he sucks and the seconds he stops to take a break, it's gone. Anyone know why this would happen? It's not painful but concerns me, as it has been going on for 2 months now.

Default Re: tingling legs while nursing???

I get this too, I thought it was just me! I thought it was just all the nerve endings in the nipple? Like when someone touches your neck and sometimes it sends shivers down your spine?

it could have to do with hormonal changes, and weight gain while pregnant. Have you tried the side lying position with baby?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*vwood7783 View Post
    it could have to do with hormonal changes, and weight gain while pregnant. Have you tried the side lying position with baby?
    I still get the tingling sensation when lying down. Moreso with my left leg, but also noticeable with the right. I have asked lactation consultants in the area and none of them have ever heard of this.

I have tried to do a little research but have yet to turn up anything. You can ask your LCs if any of them are on Lacnet and can post this question for you on there.

Hi there, I agree with Angeloftroy. I get the same thing when my LO latches, but usually when she latches aggressively and it shoots rights down to my feet but doesn't last.

I get the tingling feeling with each suck my LO does. So if he sucks 3 times in a row, I get 3 tingly shocks down my leg. So weird!! Could it be related to also having restless leg syndrome at times?