Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Going on 30+ hours of no sleep

Default Going on 30+ hours of no sleep

My son is nearly four months. I have been battling ppd basically since he was born but just managed through it. I start work tomorrow which could be the source of my anxiety and thus the sleep loss. Things are obviously getting worse so Im going to see my dr today to hopefullly get this in check. Im worried that without sleep my supply is going to drop just before I need it to be plentiful. Other than the obvious of getting sleep is there anything I should be doing to maintain my supply. Further more, will an antideppressant dimish my supply as well? Thanks

Default Re: Going on 30+ hours of no sleep

I'm so sorry, mama!

Sleeplessness and stress aren't great for milk supply, but trust me, mamas can go through awful stress and sleep deprivation and still maintain enough milk for their babies. So don't let this insomniac interval scare you on that front.

There are antidepressants which are safe for breastfeeding, but I'm not qualified to discuss them. The Infant Risk Cemter is, though: http://www.infantrisk.com/ (806)-352-2519.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Going on 30+ hours of no sleep

Thanks mommal. Got some meds to get me to sleep tonight which should hopefully relinquish the anxiety. The best daddy in the world will for the first time tend to our babe at night. Just hope he cooperates!