Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby Banned From Breastfeeding!

Default Baby Banned From Breastfeeding!

I was wondering if anyone had any advice?.... My husband and I own and run a small aviation business out of our local county owned, public airport. I keep my daughter with us and nurse her about once a day. The airport manager recently banned my daughter from the airport saying breastfeeding is "unprofessional" and he "wasn't going to have it". We of course protested, explaining that legally he can't do this and after a huge amount of support from our small town his compromise was to terminate our lease and tell us to move our business! We have gotten some media attention; http://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/2012...ur-child-here/. But so far it's not enough and the clock is ticking...... Thanks for any suggestions.

Default Re: Baby Banned From Breastfeeding!

Do you have a lawyer? You need one.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: Baby Banned From Breastfeeding!

Yeah. You obviously need a lawyer. NOW. And They should be able to get you an order to at least keep the business open until all this is figured out. In court. Which is where you are going when you don't have all your stuff moved out by the end of the year right? Right. That's where you want it go. And not only should you fight to keep your business and to be able to feed your baby at the airport, you should have his job AND sue for emotional distress.

Way too lazy for formula