Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Spectra Dew350 v. Ameda - Looking for pump recs

Default Spectra Dew350 v. Ameda - Looking for pump recs

Hi ladies! I used the Medela Pump-in-style for my babies in 2008 and 2010 (same pump), and figure I'm going to need a new one for baby 3, due early January. I'm trying to take advantage of the Cyber Monday deals but am again overwhelmed by choices. It seems the Ameda Truly Yours has replaced the PIS as the preferred pump for the frequently pumping mom (though this time I'm only working 2 days a week - YEAH!). HOWEVER, I found really good reviews for the Spectra Dew 350, seems to be a pump out of New Zealand. It looks goofy, but sounds like a good inexpensive hospital grade pump. It may also be quite heavy (hard to tell from Amazon).

Does anyone have experience with that pump. Or any one who's used more than one brand have a current recommendation? As any working mom, I'm looking for a relative quiet not-too-heavy pump that is, most importantly, strong and efficient. I struggled with milk supply with my 2nd (not my 1st) and really want to be sure the pump I use will help stimulate milk supply.

Thanks!

Default Re: Spectra Dew350 v. Ameda - Looking for pump recs

Oops, I guess it's too late for Cyber Monday. Did you decide on one? If you're still looking, you could browse through the threads here that are tagged 'choosing a pump'.

I've never heard of the Spectra Dew pump. If you end up with it, let us know what you think!
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Default Re: Spectra Dew350 v. Ameda - Looking for pump recs

If you liked the Medlea free style stick to it, I love mine and wish I had it from the biginign. I have tried 3 pumps in the last 4 months. the Amedea is HORRIBLE!!! it has nNO suction. the Dew pump is not much better. if your breast are smaller the Phillips avent one is nice, but i am too big so it didnt quite work for me but i did like the suction and you can choose your own rythem and change it thru the pumping.
    Audrey