Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 12 months tomorrow!!

Default 12 months tomorrow!!

My LO turns one tomorrow!! We made it!!

She began refusing at 10 weeks old and for about 3 months, would only latch in her sleep. While awake, she would actually cry and arch her back at the sound of my bra unclipping, and wouldn't even permit me to cradle her in any kind of nursing position. She wouldn't let anyone hold her facing them. I had severe over supply and overactive letdown.

So many tears I cried and so many days I felt like I couldn't go on, like my baby hated me. I will always feel like I wished this time away. But maybe it wasn't all sweet baby cuddles and tender moments, and I didn't feel all warm and fuzzy nursing her, but giving her breastmilk was more important than even all of that.

Thank you for supporting me and cheering me on. I literally had just a handful of ppl IRL that even knew what we were going through, and NONE of them truly cared deeply like another nursing mother. I wouldn't wish our nursing problems on my worst enemy!!! I didn't have low supply or a baby with a tongue tie. I had a baby that hated her mother's breasts!!

Anyway, on the eve of her birthday, I am just feeling overwhelmed with emotion. And wanted to reach out and say thank you. You helped me give my baby breastmilk at the breast for these 10 long months. She was never supplemented with artificial baby milk, she refused an artificial nipple as vehemently as my nipples. All the scheduled nursings in her sleep, and alarm setting through the night, and tedious record keeping of nursings and diapers kept her gaining well enough to keep her hitting milestones.

Today, she nurses awake no fewer than 10 times a day, so I feel confident I can nurse her to 24 months and beyond if she wants. She is healthy and thriving and turning ONE tomorrow!

Default Re: 12 months tomorrow!!

Oh that is so fantastic and inspirational! Way to go, congratulations, and happy birthday to your LO!!

I'm Erin, wife to a wonderful husband, and first time mother of Baby Will - 05/13/2012

"Keep calm and latch on!"

Midwest Mama,
    YOu truly are in inspiration.I remember when you came. I rember when you talked about the way she would look at you if she woke up and found your breast in her mouth. But what I remember most of all was the fact that even though your feelings were hurt and you felt rejected you were convicted. You had the logic to get past your emotion. You were able to do the math and said you wouldn't even consider not providing her human milk as long as you made it.
    I'd like to thank YOU. Every time I'd read your responses I'd feel inspired and in awe. I loved your attitude and I loved that I could see you were going to be a sucess story even if that strike lasted 10 months. And stories like your make this forum work. Because babies strike. But it doesn't have to be the end. I knew that because I had known women before you who made it through. But it helps other mothers SO MUCH to be able to hear that it happened to some one real. Someone who they can look up. It's all here for prosperity.
    So I hope that you will be around in your 2nd year. And I hope that it's a million times better and more rewarding for you than your 1st year. And I hope you have plenty of opportunity to tell people your story and that they will be inspired by your strength to contine.
    Congratulations!

Way too lazy for formula

and what djs.mom said
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

So wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
    Mama to Viv since 4/08/12 -- my all natural post-breast cancer miracle baby

with just one breast. So far so good.

That's awesome! It's always nice and encouraging to hear a success story!

Wow, I loved reading this! Happy Birthday little one!! And congrats mama for being so awesome!