Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: EXTREME nipple pain.....help!!!!!!!

Default EXTREME nipple pain.....help!!!!!!!

Hi LLLadies! My little guy is almost 3 years old. We've happily nursed the entire time

I have had one or two occurences where right before my cycle starts my nipples have been a little bit sore. Nothing I couldn't handle, and knew what it was from.

For some reason, it's been two week before my cycle that my nipples have been hurting. It is EXCRUCIATING when he latches on, but once he starts getting milk the pain subsides. Why would it be doing it so early on?? Are there other factors that can make them hurt worse??

Most importantly, is there anything to relieve the pain?? I know for a fact I'm not pregnant. I've been extremely stressed/ depressed feeling lately, and been working a lot.

Anyone have any ideas or input?? I'm lost, and tired of my nipples being sore and it being so painful when my little dude latches on.
    Married to my superman 4-26-08
    Mommy to Landon 1-29-2010, who nursed for 4 years!
    Mommy to DD Sadie born May 2nd, 2014 and nursing like a champ!

We all love and

Default Re: EXTREME nipple pain.....help!!!!!!!

BUMP
    Married to my superman 4-26-08
    Mommy to Landon 1-29-2010, who nursed for 4 years!
    Mommy to DD Sadie born May 2nd, 2014 and nursing like a champ!

We all love and

You could be getting a infected milk gland, but when he nurses it releases the gland? That happened to me? I started heating wash rags in the microwave & putting on it for 15 minutes then let him nurse. I did this til the pain stopped.

Could it be thrush? I thought that could cause nipple pain if a cut was caused by a bad latch or a scrape from baby teeth. I had pain like this a couple of months ago and put the "MotherLove" thrush & diaper rash cream on it, and it went away.