Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Any good links.

Default Any good links.

I need some help explaining to my mom why I am choosing to do baby led solids. LO is 6 months old officially today! 183 days old <3 we've been playing with food for about 2 weeks though. Nothing serious just apple planks, bananas, avocados, sweet potatoes and peas. Everything has been soft and the only thing she's really eaten was the avacado, she want crazy for it! She plays with most of it, which is fine, it's the point. I feel like I was defeated because I did end up buying purées and I kind of spoon fed her but felt so bad I quit. Hubby did a little bit, but saw how I felt and quit also. So now we are back to fun. I just don't know how to assure her that LO won't choke. I guess I'm not convinced either especially since I have no CPR training. I don't know what to do if she does choke. LO got a tiny corner off an apple plank, so tiny, and mom jumped up and shoved four fingers in LOs mouth trying to get it. Scared her and made her cry. I don't want her to be frightened like that. I'm going to my parents tomorrow and I plan on putting my foot down. I just want something to back me up, so I can show her I'm not a dumb kid. I'm 27 years old, I love LO with all my heart and would never put her in harms way. So if you have any links I would be so grateful!! Thank you!!

P.s. any thoughts on a snoring baby? Lol
    First time mommy

I think I'm doing really well. Babies are amazing little creatures and every moment with her is a gift to me.

I'm not political but don't mess with my baby or her meal!

EBF <3 5 months old now
    Co-sharing sleep <3
    BLS when she gives us a thumbs up
    NIP, and she'll wean when she's ready

Default Re: Any good links.

This one's pretty good: http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.c...m#.UK9mXaN5mSM

Just put your foot down and let your parents know your feeding choices aren't up for discussion. That's usually the best way to deal with these issues!

Does the baby snore all the time, or is the snoring new? If it's new, it could just be a little congestion from one of the many colds babies tend to catch over the winter. If he's been snoring consistently, then it's something to discuss with your pediatrician. It could by a symptom of allergies, a deviated septum, or it could indicate an issue with his adenoids or tonsils. I'd keep a journal- record how often the baby snores. That way you'll be able to tell the doc "it's usually only every few nights" or "he snores almost every night".
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Any good links.

Thank you Mommal! Her snoring isn't all the time, the occasional nap in the car, and last night was bad. I'm guessing its a congestion thing. I usually sleep with a humidifier but forgot last night, didn't realize til this morning.
    First time mommy

I think I'm doing really well. Babies are amazing little creatures and every moment with her is a gift to me.

I'm not political but don't mess with my baby or her meal!

EBF <3 5 months old now
    Co-sharing sleep <3
    BLS when she gives us a thumbs up
    NIP, and she'll wean when she's ready