Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Increase my milk

Default Increase my milk

Hello there! I am sure im not the first mother to feel like im not producing enough milk. Honestly im embarrased to admit it that i feel that way. My son is currently 3 months old and i work 4 days a week for 10hrs/day. So to continue exclusively breastfeeding, i pump my milk at work. Lately he's eating more sometimes 5-6oz in one sitting. And i feel like my bodys not keeping up. When i do put him on the breast to feed he falls asleep almost right away but then when i move him he wakes up. Its gotten to the point where i just pumped and then bottle feed him, even when im at home. I want to have that bonding experience of breastfeeding but not if he doesn't get enough. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Increase my milk

How many oz of milk is baby getting while you're at work? The reason I ask is that it sounds like your baby is being overfed. A nursing baby would almost never take 5-6 oz of milk in a feeding.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

he sometimes takes 6 oz according to his dad and then will sleep for 5-6 hrs. however when i pump i usually get 6-7 oz. now when i bottle feed him i usually feed 4 oz. my question is, should he eat more oz and sleep longer or eat more frequent feedings, hes 3 mo 3 weeks

If your goal is to provide more milk, you want smaller bottles (2-4 oz) when you are apart from baby, and you absolutely want more frequent feedings when you are with baby. Long stretches without experiencing demand from a nursing baby are a good way to sink your supply.

Nurse more, pump more, make more. It's as simple as that.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"