Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Super slow let downs, baby getting mad and long pump session

Default Super slow let downs, baby getting mad and long pump session

Hello!

Everything is going good so far, LO is gaining weight and diaper output is good. She's 6 months old.
    My only issue now is that flow on my right breast is soooooo slow! My baby gets mad sometimes cause the other side is much faster.

I am trying to make her start on the slow side but she gets mad and I have to switch to the fast side and then finish on the slow when she's not that hungry anymore. Also, my pumping sessions used to be 30 min max, and now I have to pump for 45 (or even longer!!) so I can actually empty that slow breast. That's an issue for me cause we are super busy at work and I can't be away from my desk for that long.

Is there something going on?? I don't have pain or any lumps so I'm not sure if my ducts are plugged... I've ha plugged ducts before but I had pain and nods that I could feel.

Any thoughts? Thanks!! And happy Thanksgiving!!

Default Re: Super slow let downs, baby getting mad and long pump ses

Have you tried changing your tubing and/or the other replaceable pump parts? How many times are you pumping during the day?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I'm pumping 4 times a day. I have several attachment sets, and I always check the little membranes to make sure they're not broken (it happened to me one day and I learned!). And I never thought about replacing the tubing... Hmm...it looks fine to me but I'll check into that. Thanks!
    However, I still think I have a slow breast, just b/c how the baby acts sometimes...

I have the same issue on the left side. Baby doesn't like it, and it takes 3 times longer to empty when pumping.