Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thank YOU!

Thumbs up Thank YOU!

I just wanted to say thank you all so much for all your support and help!

The first time we went shopping and DS cried for the breast, I panicked and we left the store to go home (a 5 min drive); I was in tears and afraid I'd never be able to leave the house due to my lack of assertiveness & confidence. Now...I can't believe I have nearly no reservations about NIP! Just let someone tell me my son can't eat

He had weight gain issues, to which his doc suggested formula & rice cereal, but y'all suggested it was the nipple shield and urged me to try biological nurturing, nursing vacations, pumping after feedings...and while still not huge by any means, I'm glad to report that ever since ditching the shield at 12 weeks he's developed some healthy chub, and at 7 months is 19.4 pounds and in mostly 9 month clothes! (oddly, according to *my* baby book, I wasn't even that heavy at his age, and I was FF!)

I was worried about him not being gung-ho about solids at 6 months, and y'all reassured me that they take to it at their own pace. We haven't been pushing the issue, and playing with solids without any pressure has been so much fun---for all of us

I was worried we would never make it to 6 months. While the holiday season is going to be stressful, I have no doubt about making it to a year...and beyond

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
    Daniel Keith + Rachel Joy = Leonel Dante [4/13/2012]

Default Re: Thank YOU!

I'm so glad to hear things are going well. You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: Thank YOU!