Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: a happy post (and thanks!)

Default a happy post (and thanks!)

A short happy story to share. Yesterday I had a pretty horrible day at work. An ugly personal attack from a coworker left me feeling pretty low. And of course being a new parent has given me no shortage of humbling experiences where I feel lost and unsure of myself. So my confidence was feeling pretty shaken. But then I picked up my little man at daycare and he practically wiggled with happiness to see me, and when we got home, we nursed through the evening. First for hunger, later for fun and comfort. As I cuddled him against me, he looked up at me with his huge brown eyes, smiling and cooing on the breast, reaching up to pat my face with his little hand. I was able to put down all of the stress of the day, and set aside all the feelings of insecurity, and just feel completely connected and present with him. It was so sweet and restorative, and reassuring to know that if nothing else, at least I can do this ONE thing well. As hard as it has been at times to work through challenges, I think I am now understanding what they mean by "breastfeeding relationship." So grateful my baby and I share this special connection ... it has done so much for both of us. I don't have many (any?) people in my real life who could relate to this, but I wanted to share it with my fellow nursing mamas. (And as a side note, a big thanks to the resources on this website and all you ladies on these forums, because it has been a huge source of information and support!)

Default Re: a happy post (and thanks!)

Thanks for sharing It's nice to hear a good story

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Aww, save that story for all the newborn nursing mamas who have having trouble - it IS so worth it!!!!

I love it Mama!! I am right there with you! I love to hear these stories, they make me so happy!
    First time mommy

I think I'm doing really well. Babies are amazing little creatures and every moment with her is a gift to me.

I'm not political but don't mess with my baby or her meal!

EBF <3 5 months old now
    Co-sharing sleep <3
    BLS when she gives us a thumbs up
    NIP, and she'll wean when she's ready