Re: Super frustrated w/ 2 week old, please help
Tips for calming a fussy baby:
- Nurse, nurse, nurse, nurse, nurse (if baby will nurse)
- Take baby outside for some fresh air- sounds so simple that it's stupid but I swear it works!
- Warm bath
- Calm house- lights, tv, and stereo down or off
- Motion- stroller ride, vibrating chair, swing, sling, bounce on exercise ball, rock, etc.
- White noise- radio static, dryer noise, car noise, vacuum cleaner sounds
The behavior you're seeing can certainly be related to fast letdowns. Often babies will pull off the breast, avoid relatching, and slide down/slip up/clamp down on the breast/nipple. A few questions about milk supply-
- Are you frequently full or engorged?
- Are you leaking a lot?
- Do you feel your letdowns (may feel like pins and needles or electrical tingling)?
- When baby pulls off the breast, do you see milk squirt or stream from the breast?
- What color are baby's poops?
- Are you pumping at all, and if so, how much can you get at one go?
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"