Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Food Sensitivities

Default Food Sensitivities

My son is 14 weeks. At about four weeks we realized that he had a food sensitivity due to the bad eczema on his face. The food I eliminated was peanuts because it was what I consumed the most of everyday. After just a couple days his face cleared up. I mistakenly gave him a bottle of ebm about a month ago that was from when I was eating peanuts and lo and behold his face broke out again. I threw out the few bags of ebm that I knew for sure had peanuts in them. I have been careful not to eat peanuts and have had no rashes since besides the few typical baby rashes. Well, the past two days his face broke out again in the same spots as before and it looks bad and painful. Can new food sensitivities appear after this long? Thanks

Default Re: Food Sensitivities

Sure, new food sensitivities can crop up at any time. But be careful about diagnosing them. One rash doesn't necessarily mean a food sensitivity. There are a lot of rash-causing illnesses- Roseola, Rubella, Strep, Measles, and Fifth Disease all spring immediately to mind, and those are just the ones that are clearly associated with a rash. A lot of kids will get something called a "post-viral rash" even after a bout with the common cold.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Should I be worried at all? His poop has been really mucousy on and off over the past couple weeks but the color seems fine.

If he's otherwise healthy and happy, I wouldn't worry.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"