Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Suction breaking & Let down questions

Default Suction breaking & Let down questions

My two week old constantly makes clicking noises throughout every feeding like the suction is breaking over and over. Has anyone ever experienced this? I visited a LC to discuss the issue and she said that she is not quite sure why it is happening but that she thinks it might be something that she will grow out of or into (if the problem is a fast letdown). I'm no longer engorged and her latch is good... Also, I don't always feel a let down and sometimes when I do, it's not during a feeding... Does this matter? Baby is gaining very, very well and has lots of wet/soiled diapers.

Thanks for the help in advance

Default Re: Suction breaking & Let down questions

As long as nursing is painless and baby continues to gain well and produce adequate numbers of wet/poopy diapers, there's no need to worry about the clicking. As the LC said, it's a quirk that your baby will probably grow out of with time, and it could definitely be related to fast letdowns. (Note: after 6 weeks poop output may decline to as little as 1X per week.)

Letdown sensation tends to diminish with time. When supply is well-matched to demand, most moms find that their letdown sensation is diminished or even vanishes. And some moms never feel letdowns at all! Feeling the letdown sensation at random times is a normal part of motherhood, too, and will likely diminish with time.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    As long as nursing is painless and baby continues to gain well and produce adequate numbers of wet/poopy diapers, there's no need to worry about the clicking. As the LC said, it's a quirk that your baby will probably grow out of with time, and it could definitely be related to fast letdowns. (Note: after 6 weeks poop output may decline to as little as 1X per week.)

Letdown sensation tends to diminish with time. When supply is well-matched to demand, most moms find that their letdown sensation is diminished or even vanishes. And some moms never feel letdowns at all! Feeling the letdown sensation at random times is a normal part of motherhood, too, and will likely diminish with time.
    Thank you!!