Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Symmetry advice for a one-sided nurser?

Default Symmetry advice for a one-sided nurser?

After 7 months of BF'ing on one side I pretty much have one large C cup and one negative A cup.

I've been getting by wearing very big drapey turtlenecks. But the other day I wore a fitted sweater and stuck a prosthesis in the nursing bra. FAIL. Prosthesis shifted and I basically looked like a 3 breasted alien. And yes, this was in public.

Are there nursing bras with inner pockets to hold a little extra padding? Any tricks to looking more even? I could, of course, go w/o a nursing bra. But LO is almost always with me and when the kid needs to eat, she needs to eat!
    Mama to Viv since 4/08/12 -- my all natural post-breast cancer miracle baby

with just one breast. So far so good.

Default Re: Symmetry advice for a one-sided nurser?

No advice really - although you did make me laugh with your 3 breasted alien comment.

I'm in the same boat. Right is much bigger than the left. It might be the prosthesis - there are different backings so that they don't shift so much. Best of luck though.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Have you tried any Bravado Nursing Bras? They do have a little pocket for removing or inserting washable breast pads. I bet you could make it work.? I really love these bra's because they really keep shape and are VERY comfy.

http://www.amazon.com/Bravado-Body-S.../dp/B000XV7ORI

I am so proud of you Girl for making it this far nursing one sided!
    What an inspiration for so many. Really shows how the body is miraculous. And congrats for begin a Survivor!

My LO is just a few weeks shy of yours.
    Last edited by @llli*mommylove; November 16th, 2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: added bra info
    FTM 4.24.12

Erin

That bra looks perfect! Will look for it today and order tonight if I can't find it. Thanks so much!

And thanks for the kind words. I figured, if mama's can feed twins with two, I can feed my singleton with one. It was definitely a struggle at the beginning, but once I came here I realized that our problems -- painful latch, slow weight gain, OALD -- were no different from other mama's. That gave me permission to stop blaming cancer and the help to power through.... that and the fact that LO is a voracious nurser. Couldn't imagine our day without it.
    Mama to Viv since 4/08/12 -- my all natural post-breast cancer miracle baby

with just one breast. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*vivsmaman View Post
    I figured, if mama's can feed twins with two, I can feed my singleton with one. It was definitely a struggle at the beginning, but once I came here I realized that our problems -- painful latch, slow weight gain, OALD -- were no different from other mama's. That gave me permission to stop blaming cancer and the help to power through.... that and the fact that LO is a voracious nurser. Couldn't imagine our day without it.
    Whoah girl. This is powerful! I love it. Yes of course! one=one Great way to look at this.

Those bras are a little pricey compared to others but well worth it IMO. Good luck!
    FTM 4.24.12

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*vivsmaman View Post
    That bra looks perfect! Will look for it today and order tonight if I can't find it. Thanks so much!

And thanks for the kind words. I figured, if mama's can feed twins with two, I can feed my singleton with one. It was definitely a struggle at the beginning, but once I came here I realized that our problems -- painful latch, slow weight gain, OALD -- were no different from other mama's. That gave me permission to stop blaming cancer and the help to power through.... that and the fact that LO is a voracious nurser. Couldn't imagine our day without it.
    I just want to say...WOW So inspirational You go, mama!!!
    Daniel Keith + Rachel Joy = Leonel Dante [4/13/2012]