Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Weight Gain Questions

Default Re: Weight Gain Questions

So you are feeding him one more time a day?

Way too lazy for formula

Yes! I used to just pump right before i went to bed, but now I dream feed him and then pump

how do I know when my DS has emptied a side? I don't ever feel full or therefore emtpied. He will unlatch sometimes, but i never know if I should try to get him to relatch on teh same side or switch sides.

Do you feel letdown?

Way too lazy for formula

Not as much as I used to. It's really hit n miss.

I think it depends on what you are trying to do. In general if you aren't suffering form OALD or oversupply I think it's safe to flip the child when they unlatch themselves.

Way too lazy for formula

We have our 4 month check up tomorrow, and I'm terrified. Im in a pissy mood, and incredibly anxious. I'm ready for this to get easy. I'm ready to be able to leave the house. I'm ready to get off this couch. I'm ready for things to work hoe they're supposed to.

I don't understand how this is easier than any other form of feeding my son. This has swallowed up my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*alilwest View Post
    We have our 4 month check up tomorrow, and I'm terrified. Im in a pissy mood, and incredibly anxious. I'm ready for this to get easy. I'm ready to be able to leave the house. I'm ready to get off this couch. I'm ready for things to work hoe they're supposed to.
    I don't understand how this is easier than any other form of feeding my son. This has swallowed up my entire life.
    Don't you work? So aren't you getting off the couch 5 days a week? Who said it was easier? It's BETTER. It's EASIER for me to Go to Mcdonalds everyday and hit the drive through while I am at it. Comparatively Going grocery shopping at 3 different grocery stores a week AND a farmers market and preparing home cooked meals swallows up SIGNIFICANTLY more of my time than eating fast food would. Yeah. I wouldn't feed my child McDonalds every night just because it's easier and would free up more of my time. Because the way you feed your child may not be the easiest way. But it's the NORMAL way. And any other way WOULD provide substandard nutrition. And I believe that what you put into your childs body is one of the MOST Important choices you get to make as a mother. Especially YOU. Who was complaining about NOT being able to control how much milk you make. When you can and you ARE. Especially YOU. Who I haven't heard complaining about ear infections of eczema or Asthma in your baby. Kids swallow up your whole life. It's what they do. And this investment, you are making in your son's health, is a DROP IN THE BUCKET in terms of the amount of time you are going to invest in him over all. And its the ONE THING EVER that you get to completely control and KNOW is PERFECT.

Way too lazy for formula

I guess my problem is that I entered this chapter with expections that my experience would be like that of the other nursing moms I know. I thought if I nursed on demand, at least 10-12 times per day, pumped or nursed at least every 2-3 hours, had a natural birth, coslept, emptied both breasts as often as possible and contacted an IBCLC at the first sign of trouble that I would get off to an excellent start. But I didn't. My friends had medicated births, fed when they felt they should, didn't wake up to pump or nurse in the middle of the night unless cued by their children, gave pacifiers and had amazing nursing relationships. So, when I say easier, I mean i want to be able to nurse and have remnants of a life. I don't expect to run a tough mudder with DS in a carrier. I did expect to be able to go to the store without feeling that my supply was going to take a hit because he can't stay awake when in a carrier. If I didn't have a supply issue, it probably wouldnt matter, but I do. and it does. so, while I would love to get out of the house, and feel like an active member of my household/community, I sit. I sit on the couch feeding my son because I am so determined to keep my pathetic supply where it's at. Each time I've tried leaving him with someone, they inevitably give him WAY more to eat than he should get, because he NEVER acts satisfied. I've instructed DH MANY times that DS only needs x amount of BM in my absence, and I've still walked in on him secretly making bottles because he can't get DS to calm down.

I haven't complained about my daughter's ailments, because it didn't occur to me to discuss them here not because she didn't have them.
    Despite getting breastmilk until about 8 months of age, she had ear infections each month from Nov-Apr, as well as several others throughout the year, and she has exzema. She's sick probably just as often as she isn't.

Expectations are the issue of the person having them. Not anyone else. Did you just side skirt the fact that you leave the house 5days a week? To go to WORK? Thus completely fulfilling the desire be an "active member of your household/community"? Or did you quit working when I wasn't looking? So don't you leave him with someone EVERYDAY who doesn't overfeed him? And For Goodness sake your supply is NOT pathetic and your child is in ZERO DANGER of Becoming FTT or starving. YOU MAKE ENOUGH MILK. Last week you added in an extra session every day. And he gained weight.
    And I am not talking to you about your daughter. Who you combo fed all along and didn't feed breastmilk for the MINIMUM amount of time recommended. I am talking to you about your son. Who you are CURRENTLY breastfeeding. It's not about them never getting sick. It's about them getting sick LESS comparatively.
    Let's see what your 4month check up look like.

Way too lazy for formula