Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can I breastfeed from just 1 breast

Default Can I breastfeed from just 1 breast

Hi, I had an abcess draining and biopsy done on one of my breasts, my question is can I continue to breastfeed with the other breast?

Default Re: Can I breastfeed from just 1 breast

Short answer:yes.
    Longer answer: There are other folks on this forum who can give the specifics better than I, but just a word of encouragement. Hang in there, that sounds most unpleasant.

Yes, absolutely. And you may be able to continue breastfeeding from the biopsied breast even as the healing process takes place. Are the biopsy or abcess sites leaking at all?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Yes. And you may be able to breastfeed on both sides, even after a surgery. In fact, if you can breastfeed on that side at all, it might be the best thing for your recovery. Can you give us more details about the procedure?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...e-sided-nurser

I started that thread a month ago. hope it helps! super cranky baby here or i'd try to write more!

Hi mama!

I've been a one-sided nurser from the beginning. Baby's demand definitely trained my left breast to just Make.More.Milk. But it sounds like you've got a good chance of continuing to nurse with both. I hope that helps your healing and that you get very good news with your biopsy results
    Mama to Viv since 4/08/12 -- my all natural post-breast cancer miracle baby

with just one breast. So far so good.