Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pregnant?

Default Pregnant?

Hello, my name is Mallory. I have a four year old daughter and a 7 month old son. I have breastfed and supplemented my son since he was born. The last few months I have only been able to breastfeed about once or twice in the evening/night. Last month, October 2012, I had my first period since having my son. (Because I breastfed more often I did not have a period until then.) I have unprotected sex with my husband regularly. We are not trying to conceive, but are by no means preventing or against it. My last period came Oct 4-10, a little long for me but nothing to abnormal.We did have intercourse once or twice around ovulation, before pregnancy my cycle was about 28-30 days, so I am going of that information. This month my period never came. I have no additional stress, illness, medication, ect ect. I thought I might be pregnant with intercourse so close to ovulation so I tested on the 1st, 4th, and 6th with all negative results. I have been very light headed the last week with some mild occasional nausea when I lay down at night. I am curious if this is normal with such limited breastfeeding or could I be pregnant or any other opinions?
    Any input or advice is accepted! Thank you!
    Mallory

Default Re: Pregnant?

I would repeat the pregnancy test again in another few days just to be sure. But my experience with my cycle returning while breastfeeding is that it takes a while to get back onto a normal 28-30 day cycle. For example, with my second baby, I got my period, then didn't get it again for another 3 months. So not having your period does not necessarily mean you are pregnant, it could be that your cycles just haven't gotten back to their regular rhythm, especially since you are still doing some breastfeeding. However, you definitely COULD become pregnant. If you are having unprotected sex with your husband then you ARE trying to conceive!

Not-not trying is trying is the saying we have at our house.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

Thank you! The not being sure is frustrating!

It is hard not knowing! I personally feel pregnancy symptoms before my tests turn positive. Any news yet? If it was me I know I'd keep testing every few days until a period came, haha!

Hope all goes well for you

I took another test this morning and received a very faint positive. I have a doctors appointment in the morning to get this sorted out!

Went to the doctor this morning and turns out I am pregnant! Due in July!!

Yay, congratulations!!!!! Hope you feel well!