Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 month old still not eating any measurable amount of food

Default Re: 12 month old still not eating any measurable amount of f

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jonathansmom View Post
    How do you know if you have low milk supply. Also what this has to do whit LO now eating solids?
    Low milk supply symptoms:
    - inadequate weight gain
    - inadequate diaper output or signs of dehydration in baby

It's extremely unusual for supply to drop without a good reason- e.g. baby not nursing enough, reaction to hormonal contraception, pregnancy, other hormonal condition.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: 12 month old still not eating any measurable amount of f

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jonathansmom View Post
    How do you know if you have low milk supply. Also what this has to do whit LO now eating solids?
    Down regulation of leptin/ghrelin secretion due to chronic under eating can artificially lower perceived appetite. Increasing access to readily digestible food-- in this case, breastmilk-- reverses the hormonal cascade and stimulates appetite. More milk --> more appetite --> more solids consumed.

mommal is right that cases such as mine are rare, though not unheard of. My trigger was emotional shock from extreme stress-- many family deaths, family health issues, financial issues, etc. in a short period of time.