Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: first time in 15 months that I am not a nursing mom.

Default first time in 15 months that I am not a nursing mom.

It has been a week and we have not nursed even once. I am so sad but I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

our story, I am 29 and have one DD who is 15+ months. My husband and I decided that we wanted to start TTC in time to have our kids right at 2 years apart. With DD I had to do 2 rounds of Clomid and some other meds because I don't ovulate at all, PCOS. I talked to my Dr.'s, I work at my OBGYN's office, and they said that they will not let me do any of the fertility stuff while I am nursing.

We weaned slowly and just when I was thinking she wasn't ever going to stop nursing down to sleep at night, she just stoped. Every night I had been waiting for her to ask to nurse before I offered and one night last week she just didn't ask and went to sleep and she hasn't asked since.

I am so sad but I am just hoping that I get pregnant soon so that I don't regret weaning her before I originally planned on.

Default Re: first time in 15 months that I am not a nursing mom.

Congratulations on nursing your baby for 15 months. Your feelings are very normal, and a sibling will be a wonderful gift.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I know that feeling of loss when they make the choice, even when it's something you wanted. Whether its at 15 months or 3 years, you feel it. You have given her a great gift and moved on to the next stage. Motherhood is full of learning to let go, but also plenty of joy. Don't regret your choice, even if it doesn't happen the way you hoped - you had good reasons, and she's doing fine.

I felt really sad when my second one stopped nursing - I wasn't even trying to wean her! I kept thinking it might be a nursing strike and she would come back to it, but she didn't. But we had just started TTC #3 and a couple weeks later I was pregnant, and now I'm enjoying nursing her! I agree with manitobamommy that motherhood is full of learning to let go. Doesn't mean it isn't hard, though.