Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How long do you have to use fenugreek/goat's rue?

Default How long do you have to use fenugreek/goat's rue?

I noticed an increase in supply when using MotherLove's More Milk Special Blend and goat's rue capsules. But it seems days I don't use the MMSB, or goat's rue capsules, I don't have enough milk for the baby - he fusses at the breast and wants to nurse all day long, like a grown spurt.

Do you have to use this stuff for the entire nursing relationship?

Default Re: How long do you have to use fenugreek/goat's rue?

No, for most moms this is a very temporary measure. You're aiming to use the herbs to boost supply, and if baby is nursing well enough, he should be able to keep it where he needs it to be simply by nursing on demand.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I used both for 8 days. I just make sure to nurse excessively towards the end of those 8 days..

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*loumom View Post
    I used both for 8 days. I just make sure to nurse excessively towards the end of those 8 days..
    YOu might need to be on it for longer than 8 days if you aren't seeing an improvement. I don't think two weeks would be excessive. Upping the frequency of nursing or pumping sessions should help your supply increase faster. Have you tried eating oats for breakfast? Oatmeal worked really well for me and it worked quickly too!