Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate feeding her!

Default Re: I hate feeding her!

A few years ago I was going through this really bad, I knew it was hormonal. I was considering starting a progesterone cream.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*josiewales View Post
    Are you normally sensitive to touch anyway? I have kind of a low tolerance for overstimulation, like the TV being too loud, the room being too hot or cold--I don't handle those things well. If you're physically sensitive, it may be that the stimulation of nursing and any touch on top of that is physically too much for your senses. Does that make sense?

As to what to do about it, I'm not sure. Can you give your DS something to do while you nurse, to keep him occupied (and away)? A 15 minute DVD, a snack?
    I have similar sensitivities to stimulation. And there are many times that I have to end the nursing session sooner than my DS would like. I have to take a break and then come back. It made me feel bad until I found out that others have this issue too. Just commiserating.
    Married to the best husband ever since Nov 2009
    DS born 1/7/12 at 36 wks after PROM and Gestational diabetes happy and healthy ~

Taking it one day at a time.

Currently and !!!

In case it helps, I have experienced something similar to what you describe. For me it comes and goes, so I just "power through" when it happens.

Thanks ladies it does make me feel better that I'm not the only one that's struggled with this. Every one I've talked to IRL looks at me like I'm nuts. I think part of the problem this time is I get super sore around ovulation, which was last fri, and it just sends me over the edge. Once I'm a few days past things improve, not resolve but improve so I guess well just keep going for now. Thanks for listening!
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14

Does SHE like to nurse?

Way too lazy for formula

Generally yes. If I spend to much time trying to get her latch right she loses interest or gets mad but she will actually ask to eat where DS did not. Why?
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14

Because my thinking is that even if you physically hate it, mentally there would be some gratification from seeing her joy from doing it. My ambivilence about nursing didn't come until later but when it did, it was my childs obvious real need for it that allowed me to continue.

Way too lazy for formula