Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate feeding her!

Default I hate feeding her!

It makes me angry and I can't handle anything else going on while she nurses! Has anyone ever experienced or heard of this?

I desperately wanted this time around to be different. I wanted to be able to just lift my shirt and let my baby eat without wanting to crawl our of my skin! I wanted to be able to lie in bed and just feed her without having to get up. At 9 months I guess it's just not going to happen its just never going to get easy! I really wanted to nurse her into toddlerhood but I just don't think it's going to happen
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14

Default Re: I hate feeding her!

Have you tried a wrap or carrier where you can nurse while you get things done? A lifesaver to me were those carriers.
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

You had trouble around this point with your last one. Is it still nipple issues or is it something else? What did you do to continue with your DS? Will it help you continue with your daughter?

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*dara View Post
    Have you tried a wrap or carrier where you can nurse while you get things done? A lifesaver to me were those carriers.
    I would love to be able to nurse in a carrier but I can't get her to come close to a comfortable latch unless we are reclined in the cross cradle hold.

I guess my statement wasn't exactly what I was trying to say. It's not really a I can't get anything done as much as its if anyone talks to me or touches me while I'm nursing her I can't handle it I want to come unglued, which really isn't fair to my 2 year old.

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    1/1/14

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    You had trouble around this point with your last one. Is it still nipple issues or is it something else? What did you do to continue with your DS? Will it help you continue with your daughter?
    Yea it's still nipple issues. Its not as painful necessarily as it was with DS but I can not get a comfortable latch! With him I guess I just decided it wasn't going to get better although I guess I was still hoping it would because we went ahead and got his lip tie fixed. I started cutting back with nursing him and introduced cows milk. Then I found out I was pregnant. After he turned 1 I went with the don't offer don't refuse tactic and basically he never asked.

I don't know what to do with her . I feel like I've tried everything and everyone is out of ideas and just tired of hearing about it.

SAHM to:
    1/1/14

But what do you think it is that is making you want to crawl out of your skin? Is her latch terrible? Do you have a history of sexual abuse? I think it OTHER people bothering me while I was nursing my baby, I would simply do it in private so we wouldn't be disturbed. But you seem ALMOST hostile about the whole thing. Which makes me think that their may be an underlying issue.

Way too lazy for formula

Are you normally sensitive to touch anyway? I have kind of a low tolerance for overstimulation, like the TV being too loud, the room being too hot or cold--I don't handle those things well. If you're physically sensitive, it may be that the stimulation of nursing and any touch on top of that is physically too much for your senses. Does that make sense?

As to what to do about it, I'm not sure. Can you give your DS something to do while you nurse, to keep him occupied (and away)? A 15 minute DVD, a snack?
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    But what do you think it is that is making you want to crawl out of your skin? Is her latch terrible? Do you have a history of sexual abuse? I think it OTHER people bothering me while I was nursing my baby, I would simply do it in private so we wouldn't be disturbed. But you seem ALMOST hostile about the whole thing. Which makes me think that their may be an underlying issue.
    I feel like her latch is off but everyone I've had look at it seems to think its fine. No history of sexual abuse. I thought maybe it's hormonal but my drs have kind of blown that off. She did check my thyroid levels which were normal and I've tried the mini pill but it doesn't seem to help.

SAHM to:
    1/1/14

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*josiewales View Post
    Are you normally sensitive to touch anyway? I have kind of a low tolerance for overstimulation, like the TV being too loud, the room being too hot or cold--I don't handle those things well. If you're physically sensitive, it may be that the stimulation of nursing and any touch on top of that is physically too much for your senses. Does that make sense?

As to what to do about it, I'm not sure. Can you give your DS something to do while you nurse, to keep him occupied (and away)? A 15 minute DVD, a snack?
    I have been very sensitive to noise lately. I'll try a snack or something with DS unfortunately he likes to be in the middle of everything.

SAHM to:
    1/1/14

I can't stand being touched around the time I am ovulating
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby