Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: nighttime nursing nonstop

Default nighttime nursing nonstop

hey mamas,

i feel guilty feeling this, but my 20 month old has been nursing nonstop all night and i am going crazy the past two nights. he nurses SO strong on top of the non stop nursing that i feel overwhelmed in the middle of the night, and if i try to take him off he screams.

we just went through the hurricane here (no power for a week very stressful) and i do have my period so maybe that is all adding to the frustrations.

and advice would be great. maybe its just a phase and i need to relax thank you!

Default Re: nighttime nursing nonstop

I'm right there with you. Ds's molars/canines are coming in. I'm going insane. He nursed for three hours straight last night, even with meds. I'm desperate for these teeth to come in. His latch has been awful, feels like he's gnawing my nipple off. I know its just a phase though. Wish I had some actual advice for you. Just know you're nnot the only one going crazy.

Teeth! Trixie has been the same way, Erin. Maybe it's tapering off again in my house, I'm not sure. But she wakes up probably once an hour or more, and if I unlatch her she starts crying and saying "Nurse, mama, side, mama, pleeeeeaaase" It will probably end soon-ish. I imagine that your period is helping ot make you feel crazy.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

aw thanks you guys. i think just venting is good. last night was much better.

i have to say the other night i took him off and he said "other side??" in such a sad little voice, i put him right back.

I am right there with you, my 13 month old is nursing at night so much more than he was when he was younger. I'm wondering if teeth are to blame? Although I'd love to get some sleep, I can't bear to hear him cry, so we nurse all night...through the pain, LOL!