Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help with replacement parts for Ameda Purely Yours pump

Default Help with replacement parts for Ameda Purely Yours pump

I am borrowing a pump from my friend - I know having a used pump isn't the best, but I am hoping to not have to use it very frequently at all, I'm a SAHM now that baby #3 is coming so pumping will most likely NOT be a full or even part-time thing.

I want to buy a Hygienikit? Or can I sterilize what she has? This is a very close friend, I am not worried about any blood/milk-bourne issues.

However, I have very large breasts (DD/DDD before baby) and extremely large nipples/aereolas - should I be purchasing certain size parts? If so, which parts are dependent on size and what size should I get?

Help a total pump newbie please

Default Re: Help with replacement parts for Ameda Purely Yours pump

The shields are the part that is most size-sensitive. If you have very large nipples, you're likely to need larger shields than what your friend used if her nipples are more average sized. If you use the wrong size shield, you'll end up in pain. So you're probably going to want to buy new shields at the very least. I think there may be printable templates for sizing...? Worth checking with Ameda.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Help with replacement parts for Ameda Purely Yours pump

i had a medela pis, but i know that the average woman actually often needs the larger size flange than what they send as the standard.

i found this link that may be helpful. i would also recommend just calling ameda, they can probably give you a good recommendation that way.