Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question.

Question Question.

When does the over supply gets better or dissapear? I breastfeed my 2.5 months old baby girl but is a nightmare everytime, while she feeding from one breast the other one reminds me of a fountain, I even can feel when the milk is.coming. I have tried everything, and nothing seems to work. I am very happy to have more than enougj milk for my baby but sometimes is hard to deal with it. Thanks for reading.

Default Re: Question.

The "when" questions are the hardest to answer. The answer will vary so much from woman to woman!

Can you tell us what you have tried in order to deal with the oversupply?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Ok, first of all, the laid back position, also pump a little before feed her, taking off the breast when I feel the milk coming...that's pretty much all...thank you very much, and again, I'm spanish speaker, so I hope to be explaining myself clearly.

You're doing fine in English! Far better than I do in Spanish.

First thing to do: put away the pump. Every time you give your breast stimulation in addition to nursing, you are keeping your production higher than it would be if you left the extra milk sitting in the breast.

Second: keep using the reclined nursing positions and taking baby off the breast when you feel the letdown begin. That will help make nursing comfortable for her.

Third: feed her frequently. Frequent removal of small amounts of milk from the breast via nursing can help keep you comfortable and make nursing easier for the baby, because the breast won't get overfull.

Fourth: give it a week with no pumping, and see if things get better. If they don't, progress to block feeding: using only one breast per feeding, for one or more feedings in a row. The fuller the unused breast gets, and the longer milk sits unused, the more your body will get the message to reduce supply.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Ok, I'll quit pumping and will offer the breast even she is not asking...really I hope it works, I'm done with the breast protectors, they are expensive and they wont last even a week

Are you talking about breast pads? You can get ones that are re-useable....

Way too lazy for formula

I will, I know where to find them but I was not sure if they work. Thanx!