Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Just need a hug

Default Just need a hug

I never imagined I'd be nursing my little Monster past a year, especially with our rocky start. So I'm pretty proud of us. But dang do I need a hug.

He's 14 months, getting his molars (we saw 4 teeth back there!), and getting over strep. Not to mention the unpredictable food strike (one day he eats, the next he doesn't). I can nurse him to sleep at about 9:00 PM and then he'll sleep in his Pack n Play until 2:00 AM - 3:00 AM. After that, I nurse him back to sleep and he stays in bed with us. But now, he's constantly nursing from about 1:00 AM until the morning! And then he can't get comfortable, so when he pulls off my nipple, he's really rough. I'm ssssooo sleepy! I just started back to school (taking some online classes) and it's making it hard to study.

I've tried the Dr. Jay Gordon method, but Monster is just sssooo persistent. We're actually thinking he may have SPD. He's sleep schedule is non-existent and he seems to have an oral fixation. My husband is on the very low end of the asperger's spectrum, so it's always in the back of my mind. My husband is supportive, but he's getting tired of Monster punching his back and flopping every where in the middle of the night. I guess I just need some other moms tell me this won't last forever and he'll only be this little once. Ya know, the usual.
    *Micah*

Ready to be again!

and and

Default Re: Just need a hug

It's the molars! This will pass and then the canines will start. You were super lucky that he was going from 9 pm to 2 am - I don't even get that with my 21 month old. But she will get there and so will your little guy. My 4 year old sleeps all night long.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

totally normal, but just know that his sleep pattern will be unpredictable foe a while, nature of the age I think. If it makes you feel better, my 20 month old wakes up about 4-5x per night.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Thanks ladies! I feel better now!
    *Micah*

Ready to be again!

and and

I know there are rough times, hearing your story sounded very familiar to me. But now my 17 month old, who full time coslept with us from the start is transitioning into her room and her own bed. She's doing so well with it, but I'll tell you, I have been exactly where you are dreaming of the moment that I have my bed and my hubs back to myself at night and now that we're getting there.....I miss it so much!!! My husband worked night shift a couple of weeks so I was gonna sleep with her but she doesn't wanna snuggle anymore! As tiresome as it is, cherish it. You may not believe me, but you will miss it.

I wouldn't try the Gordon method until all the molars break. For sure. He needs that oxcytocin right now for pain.

Way too lazy for formula

Well, he gave me 2 nights of sleeping by himself from 9:00 PM - 4:00 AM! So my batteries have been recharged a bit.

So now for my next question... Should I just expect lots of random solid food strikes until he's weaned? Because now he'll only eat fruit and breads.
    *Micah*

Ready to be again!

and and

I wouldn't expect the food jags to stop when he weans.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    I wouldn't expect the food jags to stop when he weans.
    Ah, don't tell me that!
    *Micah*

Ready to be again!

and and