Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Dizzy/ Spacey feeling after breastfeeding?

Default Dizzy/ Spacey feeling after breastfeeding?

Hi!

My daughter is almost 9 months old. For the past two months I have been feeling pretty spacey and woozy, especially right after nursing. Do you think that these are linked? I am not the best at drinking tons of water, but I drink about as much as I always have and the dizziness has only happened recently.

Default Re: Dizzy/ Spacey feeling after breastfeeding?

I have heard this a few times before from moms. I suspect it is related to either dehydration, a blood sugar drop, hormones, or anxiety.-or all four. sorry i don't have precise info, if i get a chance to do some research i will get back but its kind of nutty right now. if anyone else has info i would be curious!

i suggest you talk to you doctor, but imo there should not be any reason to stop nursing so hopefully they will not suggest that! your body is made to nourish your baby, breastfeeding is biologically normal. even if these 'symptoms' are somehow related to the breastfeeding, in that, nursing triggers them, i would think there is possibly an underlying issue that may need to be addressed.

Default Re: Dizzy/ Spacey feeling after breastfeeding?

I was also wondering if it could have something to do with iron? During my pregnancy I had really great iron levels the entire time, but I've been breastfeeding for a long time now and I wonder if my personal stores have been depleted.