Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enough milk and nighttime feedings?

Default Re: Enough milk and nighttime feedings?

That made me laugh too.

My baby sleeps in our room and it's so much easier to nurse him back to sleep. Even if he doesn't sleep right away I at least feel good that he's not hungry or thirsty.

Thanks for normalizing this for me. I know that this is all normal and that he needs to feel secure at night. Just hard hearing about all those glorious nights from other moms.

He has slept 8-10 hour stretches but they are rarely consistent and fleeting! Ah one day.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sb View Post
    So I think he is ok but even that Weissbluth book (which I found to be helpful even if I don't agree with everything he says) says that unbroken sleep at night is very important.
    Just a further thought about Weissbluth- I think that part of the reason his book sells is that it the whole "uninterrupted sleep is important" thing lets parents off the hook when it comes to guilt over sleep-training and CIO. If you're sleep-training your baby and that baby is crying, you as a mom KNOW in your heart that the baby needs you and you're doing something that's causing him distress. But if you buy into Weissbluth, then that distress is for the baby's own good. You're not doing it just because you want more sleep.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

True. This is tiring and this string is pretty timely because my son has gotten up twice already since 7 pm and I can already tell it's going to be a long night. So for parents whose babies are clearly exhausted but won't sleep, I think there has to be a middle of the road approach so that the baby doesn't freak out when he gets put down to sleep but isn't completely ignored for 12 hours.

I always give him some time to see whether he will go back to sleep. Smetimes he will surprise me. Most times I use the one super power I have: the boob.