Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: A (happy) update

Default A (happy) update

I posted a few times a while ago. My daughter has a tongue tie and we've had latch issues since day one. Anyways, I worried myself to death over whether she was getting enough or gaining enough weight.

I decided to stop reading about how babies should be breastfeeding and stop reading about problems associated with tongue ties and just go with the flow. She weighed 11lbs at her two month appointment and a whole 13lbs 10oz today at nearly four months! I was hoping for at least 13. Her latch is also slowly improving and I can now nurse her sitting up where the only way she could stay latched before was if I was laying back.

And...

I breastfed in public for the first time today waiting to be called in for our WIC appointment.

Anyways.. it's all exciting for me and I don't have any friends who breastfeed to let it all out so I figured I would come here to share. I honestly don't think I would have kept going if it weren't for some of the LLL articles and encouragement here (especially the one on how baby nursing all the time is totally normal! I thought she was starving all the time.) So it seems we have a bright breastfeeding future ahead of us.

She even has teeth now.

Default Re: A (happy) update

Woohoo!! Glad to hear that things are going so well! We also have a LO who was born with a TT (we had it clipped at 5 weeks) but it took a while to get her latch fixed. I'm very happy to hear that you are feeling better

PS My DD weighed in at 13 lbs 14 oz at 6.5 months! So your DD is doing GREAT!!

good for you!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Very happy that you are doing so well! Congrats and keep up the good work!

Way to go mama!

Way to stick with it mama!! I'm jumping with joy for you! It's great to read happy stories like this one every now and then. Great job!,
    First time mommy

I think I'm doing really well. Babies are amazing little creatures and every moment with her is a gift to me.

I'm not political but don't mess with my baby or her meal!

EBF <3 5 months old now
    Co-sharing sleep <3
    BLS when she gives us a thumbs up
    NIP, and she'll wean when she's ready