Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastfeeding and colds

Default Breastfeeding and colds

Hi mommas! Do any of you know what OTC medicines you can take for cold and/or sinus pressure while you are breast feeding?

Default Re: Breastfeeding and colds

here's a good resource:
    http://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastf...s/cold-remedy/

and for specific meds, you can look up infantrisk.com or call them for individualized advice:

We are now open to answer calls Monday-Friday 8am-5pm central time. Please contact us at (806)-352-2519 .
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I have a question for everyone related to this topic. Does having a cold affect your milk supply? My 3 month old brought her mom home some wonder germs since starting daycare and coincidentally or not my milk supply went down slightly. I'm not sure if it because I am under the weather or if it is something else.

yep, definitely can. just keep nursing on demand and she'll bring the supply back up when you feel better.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Oh, thank God! I was worried that my milk supply was decreasing and that trouble may be ahead for us. It's so good to know that it is normal. Will she be okay with this or is there something I should do to compensate for my low supply? Or should I just continue on as normal?

just nurse nurse nurse! DON'T supplement - that can spiral to less demand, less production, more formula. keep switching her back and forth as long as she wants.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13