Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: why do the tips of my nipples turn white?

Default why do the tips of my nipples turn white?

I have noticed in the last few days that after I de-latch and for a while afterwards the tip of the nipples seems blanched. If I squeeze it it turns rosey again. No crackes or undue pain; weird color is all. Is something wrong, is this normal?

Default Re: why do the tips of my nipples turn white?

This happened to me in the beginning when DS and I were working on our latch. Here is a link at kellymom.com ( not a LLL resource) that may help http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...blanching.html. Do you feel comfortable with your latch?

Mama to DD Mariah 04/03 2lbs 8oz BF 2yrs 1 day!
    DS Ryan 07/06 4lbs 15 oz No solids until 18 mo's!
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" Gandhi

Hi,
    My "baby" is 2 now and we are still nursing and my nipples still turn white. As long as you are not hurting I would not worry about it. If you begin to get sore, then you may have a latch problem.

oh, ok.
    So its not just me then. Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by carpentergirl View Post
    I have noticed in the last few days that after I de-latch and for a while afterwards the tip of the nipples seems blanched. If I squeeze it it turns rosey again. No crackes or undue pain; weird color is all. Is something wrong, is this normal?
    I read your post the other day and then yesterday I noticed white on mine too. So I compressed it quicky like you did and mine went back to normal too. So no, you're not the only one!