Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When is EPing worth it?

Default When is EPing worth it?

My DS is almost 6 months old. He has an upper lip tie and posterior tongue tie which were clipped a couple times over the last month or so and only successfully lasered a few days ago. He can breastfeed, but it takes him almost all day with lots of pushing off and kicking and excessive swallowing of air/burping and fussing. I know I should give him some time to adjust since this is the first time his lip and tongue tie have been thoroughly released, but I don't know how long I should wait to find out if things will ever get better. I do almost nothing but feed him and I want us to have more time to play (and to even have a moment to do some basic chores, etc). I know EPing sucks, but I just don't know how it compares to my current scenario, which also sucks. How will I know if it's time to EP? Has anyone else had a tie released this late?

Default Re: When is EPing worth it?

I'd say that if he's still trying, you should too. Feeding directly from the breast is easier, by far. So it's really worth the effort to get rolling.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: When is EPing worth it?

Things have gotten much better since I wrote this! I think the first few days post-op he was still adjusting and I was impatient, but I'm feeling much more confident now. Fussing while nursing is virtually gone.